Be sure to add your blog to my blog list -- Click HERE or blog list above to add your blog!

Apr 5, 2011

Tough Run today

Ran 8 miles today.  This was a really tough run due to the high winds - 20-30 mph.  Jeez, it was bad.  That had to be one of the toughest runs I have done.  It helps build my confidence in case the weather at my marathon is not good.  There is a fair chance it could be windy that day - hopefully not 20-30 mph though!!

-------------------------------

I don't have much to share today.  Frankly, I'm exhausted!  I got up at 4:30am this morning.  4:30 just does not agree with me.  Even as I sip my second cup of coffee, I just cannot wake up!  The kids are off school this week for spring break so everyone is sleeping in.  I think everyone should have spring break - I should have been a teacher!!!  I could use a day off.
------------------------------

Question of the day?  Paper, plastic or recycle bags?




Have a great day and......Keep Running!!!!!!

13 comments:

  1. OMG - I'm so impressed!! The winds have been so bad that I've been treadmilling it.
    Recycle bags when I remember to bring them in the store! Then paper...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job in the wind.

    My wife does the shopping, so no bags for me :) She uses those reusable bags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am horrible getting out there when it's windy like that so good job to you! I am impressed!

    I use the recyclable bags.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flags outside my office aren't flapping violently, so that bodes well for my planned 4.5 miles after work in this gorgeous sunshine.

    I use my cloth bags 90% of the time. The other 10% is when I a) forget, in which case I get paper, and b) when I need plastic bags for cat litter disposal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a recycle freak. I try to recycle about everything. Thus, I hate those plastic bags. (although I will use them for trash can liners in the bathroom and cat litter like sun runner does) But I take them from others or use the stash at work. If I forget my cloth bags, I will often juggle my stuff in my hands to get to the car without a plastic bag. Or make the kids carry it. haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. winds sucks....or blows, either way, I feel the same...I don't like running in the wind when its cooler!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want spring break too. But when it comes, my job steps up in intensity :P

    Great job getting that run in under super windy conditions! Definitely getting you prepped for anything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. running in the wind is awful! but definitely good for training!!

    I'm a reusable bag kind of gal, but then I realize that I like to use grocery bags as my liners for bathroom garbage cans. It's tough saving the planet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone. They are talking about winds tomorrow morning too - I hope not! Looks like many of you are reusable. My wife does most of the shopping but gets plastic but uses them all the time for other things so at least we recycle these instead of throwing them away.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate running in the wind. It is so miserable. It has been crazy windy here lately, but luckily this morning for my 3 miler there were just light winds - it was great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. it was windy here too. it felt great on the way out but man did it suck on the way back.

    i use recycled/cloth bags. mostly because one of the stores i go to give me a 5cent discount and the other store charges for their bags.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job running in the winds!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice run. I hate wind! I am really good about using reusable bags when I grocery shop. I always forget them when going to other stores. Gotta work on that. I leave them in my car for easy access.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...