As some of you may know, I ran the inaugural Detroit Mustache Dache last year. It's my favorite 5k race to date and my favorite 5k course. This one is so much fun and really well organized by RUNdetroit. You can read my review of last years race HERE.
In addition to all the great stuff they did last year(including Atwater beer!), there is also some new things for 2014:
- A new kids fun run that will be a 1/4 mile run. Kids will get medals and capes instead of tees.
- They will be adding a water station near the Port Authority - I suggested that last year and I love when race directors listen to it's runners.
- The cap has increased to 1,500 and they already have 850 runners so this race will likely sell out
- You get a cool new retro tee(check it out below)
I'll be going for the Goatee look again - which my wife just loves(not!) I have to start in October as I'm follicly challenged anywhere on my head! Haha!
Justin from RUNdetroit has offered to giveaway a free entry to the Detroit race through my blog. So, here's the rules of how you can win:
|After last years race|
- Post a comment why you want to run the Mustache Dache Detroit(1 entry)
- For those with Facebook, share this post on Facebook and let me know you did(1 entry)
- For one additional entry, go to RUNdetroit's website(HERE). Give me one fact about the store or owners and let me know it here(1 entry)
It's that simple! I'll pick one winner at random on Thursday, October 23rd by 8pm and post the winner on Friday, October 24th.
For those that don't win, you can sign up and join me on November 8th for another fun race. I'm already registered. Check out the Mustache Dache website for more information or to register. Just make sure you sign up quickly because I know many of you were disappointed last year that you didn't get to run it.
Have a great day and....Keep Running!!!!
Disclosure: I received a free entry to give away as part of this post. All opinions are my own.