|Saucony Ride 7|
About five weeks ago, I received the Saucony Ride 7 to test and review courtesy of Onlineshoes and Saucony. It's no secret. If you know me, you know that the Ride has been a staple in my running arsenal since I first started running. It was my first real pair of running shoes that I was fitted for. Given that, I jumped at a chance to try out the latest version.
I've run in the Ride 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and now the Ride 7's. I've had numerous pairs of each of these versions(so many I can't even remember) and I would guess that over the 6,000 miles I've run, I'm sure I've run over 5,000 miles in Saucony Ride. I think I know a thing or two about them at this point.
Each version has made a progressive forward step in quality, comfort, style and weight. The Ride 7's are no different. These are my favorite Ride versions so far and I'm happy to see that Saucony continues to improve on the shoe each time.
|Only 9.4 oz|
- The are light. Only 9.4 oz. for a daily trainer! You can't ask for much better with that cushion.
- 8mm drop. I love the drop on these even though when they moved from 12mm to 8mm it made me nervous. 4-8mm drop now seems to work really well for me and helps me with my form.
- The cushioning. The Ride has always been a cushioned feel but not spongy so you still get some ground feel.
- Flat laces - Saucony kept the flat laces. I really like these. When you tie them, they stay tied! They also don't feel like they are digging into the top of my foot so it makes it comfortable.
- They fit true to size. Not too big and not too small.
- The upper continues to be really comfortable.
|Nice toebox and laces|
|Powergrid as well as the Midfoot shank was removed reducing weight|
|Large vertical grooves|
|Cut outs on the outsole|
These are far and above the best road shoe I've run in over the years and I look forward to running in these as well as future editions of the Saucony Ride. They are my "go-to" shoe for daily training and racing on roads and having run several marathons in them, I can tell you they can stand the long mileage.
|The Ride 7's for my Duathlon last Sunday|
Interested in learning more or buying a pair?
Go to Onlineshoes
Follow Onlineshoes on Facebook for deals
Follow Onlineshoes on Twitter
Thanks to Onlineshoes and Saucony for giving me the opportunity to test the Ride 7's. I'm happy to continue my great relationship with the Ride.
Have a great day and....Keep Running!!!!
Disclosure: I received a complimentary pair of Saucony Ride 7's in exchange for this review. All opinions are my own and I was not required to give anything other than an honest opinion.