Octoberfest, cider and donuts at the Cider Mill, colorful leaf changes and pumpkin beer. These are all things that make fall a tradition. What else adds to that tradition? The Kona Wicked Halloween Run, of course! A great fall family event!
The biggest Halloween run in Michigan is coming again on October 26th. As you know, I'm a big fan of Kona Running Company events and this one has always been a fun race. I've run all of them since it was started. This year will be no exception. Here's a look at the schedule for this year:
Of course, they will have all the great stuff that has been offered in the past including
- A race expo before the race where you can pick up your packet the day before or the day of(If you see me, say hello as I'll be volunteering with my daughter at packet pickup Saturday)
- Great finisher medals for the 10k and/or the wicked double(check them out below)
- Awesome 1/4 zip teck shirts(see below)
- Entertainment including a "Thriller" dance
- Age group awards 3 deep with 5 year age groups
- A chip timed, USATF certified courses(see below) with Scare stations(water stations as well as Powerade at the 3 mile mark of 10k)
- A costume contest
- Post race goodies
There are also a few new things:
- For those looking for more bling, there the Wicked Double. Run a 10k THEN run a 5k and earn an extra medal in the process. Count me in! I'll be running the double!
- Free shuttle busses - new at the race this year, there will be a free shuttle bus running from the ACH plant to the expo. If you want to park downtown, you can still do that but Plymouth has been charging for parking and this is a way to save some money. If you go downtown, I suggest getting there early.
- Hashtag your social media with #WickedRun and share your fun.
- The 10k will have an 18 minute pace requirement so all are welcome to run the 10k
- 3 waves for the 10k and 5k to make for an easy start
Here are the routes. If you have run the Kona St. Patrick's Day race, you can test out your fitness since the courses are the same.
Also don't forget, if you ran the Kona St. Patrick's Day run and the Kona Run in June, you will want to sign up for this and the Kona Chocolate Run to get your Grand Slam medal!
Of course, 2013 was the triple crown which was a great series as well!
Don't get caught dead like this guy - sign up before they sell out. Get signed up for the Kona Wicked Halloween Run today!
|2013 Kona Wicked Halloween Run|
Interested in learning more or signing up?
Go to the Kona Wicked Halloween website: HERE
Go to the Kona Wicked Halloween Facebook page: HERE
Also, if you sign up online now until 10/12, use the code WR127865 for $3 off.
I look forward to seeing you there!
Have a great day and....Keep Running!!!!
Note: I am an ambassador for Kona Running Company and receive a complimentary entry to the race in exchange for this post and a post run review. All opinions are my own and I'm not required to give anything other than an honest opinion.